Field Crew Member
Work under the supervision of an assigned Crew Leader to perform installations, renovations and maintenance for college, high school, and city athletic facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and repair of irrigation systems.
- Apply fertilizers, soil amendments, pesticides, and top dressing to athletic fields.
- Use and operate a variety of hand and small power equipment including, but not limited to: shovels, rakes, earth tampers, soil tillers, sod cutters, small tractors and mowers, UTV’s, and laser grade equipment.
- Support crews in laying and leveling sod and infield mix on athletic fields.
- Observe safe working methods and use safety equipment; secure work sites from hazards as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
- Must be willing and able to travel and stay out of town on trips up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to, and potentially exceeding, 50 lbs regularly.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to endure all types of weather.
- Knowledge of the operation and minor maintenance of various vehicles and equipment used.
- Capable of communicating in English.
- Experienced in performing manual labor.
- Skilled in operating, maintaining, and repairing a variety of hand and power tools.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay & Benefits:
- Full-Time with overtime likely
- Hourly; based on level of experience